Natural supplement for dog digestive tract health and symptoms of gastritis.
- This herbal supplement supports the functioning of the stomach lining, esophagus, and digestive tract in pets.
- Promotes digestive health and functioning.
- Helps maintain gastric mucus membranes to support digestion problems.
- Supports routine absorption of nutrients.
- Herbal ingredients Licorice, Slippery elm, and Marshmallow support gastrointestinal and digestive health.
Symptoms of Digestive Upsets in Dogs & Cats
Just like humans, our pets can be subject to the harmful effects of processed diets, preservatives, additives in food, environmental pollutants, or simply the stress of modern living. These factors can affect digestive functioning in pets and can result in a number of digestive upsets or problems.
One of the biggest problems causing digestive upsets can be diet choices. It often takes a little experimenting with high-quality diets to find one that suits your pet's individual dietary and physical needs, but finding the correct diet could make the difference in your pet's digestive health.
Table scraps can also be the source of the problem. Our pet's digestive systems are not able to handle many of the foods we eat, especially those high in additives, fat, and spices. In most cases, offering scraps to our pets should be avoided.
Some pets can also have sensitive stomachs and digestive systems, which could make them prone to a number of digestive problems such as stomach inflammation, frequent vomiting, diarrhea, stomach cramps, constipation, and bloating.
Other Treatments for Symptoms of Digestive Upsets in Dogs & Cats
Support your pet's digestive health with these tips:
- Dietary intolerance is a major cause of digestive upset in pets. Opt for high-quality, balanced diets filled with unprocessed foods. If necessary, experiment with a few different diets to find one that best suits your pet's digestive system.
- Make sure your pet has plenty of fresh, clean water at all times.
- Food and water bowls should be made from glass, ceramics, or stainless steel, and not plastic. Plastic is porous and can harbor bacteria. Bowls should also be washed regularly with hot water.
- Many pets refuse to eat if they are feeling ill. This natural fasting process gives your pet's digestive system time to rest and heal, so don't worry too much if your otherwise healthy pet skips a meal. If, however, your pet doesn't eat for 48 hours or shows other symptoms of illness, then a trip to the vet is necessary.
- Certain foods, such as onions and chocolate, are toxic for pets and should never be given as treats.
- Other human foods can also cause digestive upsets, such as very spicy or rich foods. Avoid giving them scraps.
- Furballs can seriously disrupt the digestive system and cause a number of digestive complaints. It is therefore important to manage furballs if they bother your pet.
How do I use Digestive Support™?
Digestive Support™ comes in convenient capsule form. Capsules may be swallowed whole by larger dogs. However, most owners find that it is easier and more convenient to open the capsule and mix the contents with wet food or a treat and prevent stress to both pet and owner!
Cats especially hate to have capsules forced down their throats and will happily eat the dried herb when it is mixed with a treat, a little fish or rolled into a butter ball.
Cats: 1/2 capsule twice daily.
Dogs under 20 lbs: 1/2 capsule twice daily.
Dogs 20-50 lbs: 1 capsule twice daily.
Dogs over 50 lbs: 1-2 capsules twice daily.
Digestive Support™ can be used concurrently with Natural Moves™ for Pets™, which helps maintain regular bowel movements in dogs and cats.
How long until I see results?
Pets can differ widely in their response times to herbal remedies depending on individual makeup, lifestyle, and diet. Some may experience a general feeling of wellness within days, while for others it may take longer before an effect is felt.
Often, as in the case of all good tonics, a gradual improvement is felt over time. Best results are achieved when Digestive Support™ is administered consistently along with a healthy lifestyle.
Get optimum support with regular use.
Natural medicine strives to create holistic balance in the body to support systemic health. The natural ingredients in our remedies support overall health and functioning.
Pets respond to natural medicine in different ways. To ensure your pet maintains optimum health it is important to administer natural remedies as directed and remain consistent. You may also find that giving your pet a smaller maintenance dose is beneficial for ongoing support. Many customers report using it regularly as part of a maintenance program that supports the continued health and well-being of their beloved animals.
What else can help?
According to many experts and followers of holistic health, the best diet for dogs and cats is a raw diet. Cooked food, pasteurized milk and other processed foods are thought to be damaging to the health of animals.
Everything in the anatomy of dogs and cats points to a raw meat-based diet as being what they were designed for. They have sharp teeth, short intestines, and highly-concentrated digestive secretions to digest raw meat.
- Do not change diet suddenly, but slowly introduce fresh, raw and unprocessed food into your pet's daily diet, while reducing commercial foods and foods with little nutritious value.
- Keep diet varied and interesting, but watch out for foods that your pet may be allergic to.
- Regular exercise helps to build up a healthy appetite and gets all organs in the body functioning well. It also helps to relieve stress and contributes to a healthy, happy pet!
- Animals need time outdoors where they can naturally seek out herbs that will help them maintain the health of their digestive system. All carnivorous animals, including dogs and cats, will naturally induce vomiting from time to time as a cleansing process to get rid of excess bile, mucus and other impurities. They do this by eating plants which will induce purging. This is healthy and animals should not be reprimanded for it!
- Add green sprouts to your pet's food every day. This is an easy way to improve digestion and supply much-needed vitamins, amino acids, and trace elements.
- Consult a holistic veterinarian for advice about the health problems associated with routine vaccination and regular antibiotic use.
How long will a bottle last?
One bottle of Digestive Support™ contains 60 capsules and depending on the size of your pet will last 15-60 days.
Free Shipping on orders over $39.95