Homeopathic medicine for colds and respiratory irritation in pets.
- Relieves and prevents colds and respiratory infections in pets.
- Reduces symptoms of sneezing, coughing, watery eyes and nose.
- Decreases recovery time from respiratory infections.
- Prevents colds by strengthening the immune system.
- Stops the recurrence of secondary infections.
- Promotes optimal lung functioning for easy breathing.
What is Respo-K™?
Respo-K™ is a safe, non-addictive, FDA-registered 100% natural homeopathic OTC medicine formulated especially for pets to relieve colds and respiratory ailments and strengthen immunity to prevent the recurrence of secondary infections of the sinuses or lungs.
Respo-K™ is an excellent companion to homeopathic AmazaPet™, as it improves respiratory function and reduces asthmatic symptoms in pets. Used together, Respo-K™ and AmazaPet™ can provide immediate symptomatic relief of respiratory infections and asthma in pets for easy breathing by improving overall respiratory health and lung functioning!
Respiratory Infections in Pets
If you have noticed signs of lethargy, coughing, sneezing, fever and runny eyes or nose, then your pet is probably suffering from a cold or upper respiratory infection. This is an infection of the nose, throat and upper airways similar to when humans get a cold or flu. Cats are particularly prone to respiratory infections, but dogs can also contract them, including the common problem of kennel cough.
You may also notice that your pet has stopped eating; this happens particularly to cats because their appetites are primarily driven by smell. If a cat's nose is blocked and he cannot smell, he will probably become pickier about what he will eat or stop eating altogether for a few days.
Like humans, pets are also susceptible to secondary sinus and chest infections that can result from an untreated cold or initial upper respiratory infection.
Although respiratory infections usually resolve within about 7-10 days, very young or very old pets may be at serious risk when infected with a cold or respiratory infection. For this reason, one should never ignore a pet's illness. Prompt attention and treatment will save your pet much discomfort and, in weaker animals, may even save their life.
What Causes Respiratory Infections in Pets?
Various harmful organisms like viruses and bacteria can cause upper respiratory infections in pets and the nose, eyes, throat and sinuses may all be involved. These may be contagious among pets, but the organisms that affect pets are usually different from those affecting humans so catching a cold from your pet, or the other way around, should not be a concern.
Viruses and bacteria will cause illness much more readily in pets with weakened immune systems caused by another illness, poor diet and unhealthy lifestyle or advanced age.
The Natural Way
Antibiotics are the usual treatment for respiratory infections and are generally effective in clearing bacterial infections. While antibiotics are not effective in viral infections like colds and flu, they are often prescribed prophylactically in order to prevent secondary infections (which are often bacterial).
Despite their initial efficacy, the downside of antibiotic drugs is that they reduce immune functioning, making your pet vulnerable to recurrence or other illness and infection. A vet may also prescribe medications (e.g. decongestants) for relief of congestion and other symptoms.
Natural remedies can help to safely reduce your pet's unpleasant symptoms during an upper respiratory tract infection and cut recovery time as well as strengthen the immune system to prevent recurring infection. Due to the high safety profile of the ingredients, our natural remedies are also free of side effects.
Additionally, natural remedies can help to strengthen the respiratory system, including the nose, throat and lungs and promote a healthy immune system, and have been used for generations to encourage respiratory health and support the lungs and sinuses.
Dietary recommendations for optimal health and immune functioning:
- Many holistic vets will agree that the more raw food (as opposed to cooked meals or dried commercial pet food) the animal eats, the fewer general health problems there will be. Ideally, the best diet for a cat or dog is one which most closely resembles that which he would find in the wild.
- For cats, who are largely carnivorous, this should consist of mainly raw meat (minced beef and chicken, chicken livers) mixed with a little bone meal and a small amount of some grated carrot or finely chopped greens like spinach.
- Dogs will do well if more chopped and grated raw vegetables are added to their diets. We also recommend raw meat and raw bones for dogs, mixed with grated raw vegetables and chopped salads.
- A teaspoon or two of olive oil added to the meal every day (depending on size) will also be beneficial. Do not give your animals any milk at all - nor products containing sugar.
- Remember that you should not try to change your pet's diet overnight, especially if the animal is elderly. Slowly introduce new foods and allow the digestive system to become accustomed to the new diet.
How to use Respo-K™
Initially, depress pump until primed. Hold close to pet's mouth and spray directly, or spray onto its food or water. Use 3 times daily.
Cats and dogs under 20 lbs: 2 sprays.
Dogs 20-50 lbs: 3 sprays.
Dogs over 50 lbs: 4 sprays.
Dosages may be repeated more frequently when needed. For more frequent dosing, use up to 5 times daily for the first 10-15 days.
Respo-K™ may be used in conjunction with KC-Defense™ when dogs are to be placed in kennels to support the immune system and encourage respiratory health. For added respiratory system support, it is recommended that Respo-K™ be administered in conjunction with AmazaPet™.
Get optimum results with regular use.
Natural remedies strive to create a holistic balance in the body to support systemic health. The natural ingredients in our remedies support overall health and functioning
Pets respond to natural remedies in different ways. To ensure your pet maintains optimum health it is important to administer natural remedies as directed and remain consistent. You may also find that giving your pet a smaller maintenance dose is beneficial for ongoing support. Many customers report using them regularly as part of a maintenance program that supports the continued health and well-being of their beloved animals.
How long does one bottle last?
One bottle of Respo-K™ spray will last 30-40 days, depending on the size and dosage needs of your pet.
Free Shipping on orders over $39.95